how does the EdgeXperience subscription model work? What are the differences to a traditional licensing model?
Software Business Functionality Coverage:
- Subscription: all-in modelling and pricing; you only pay for what you actually use. Based on fine granular feature requirements (e.g. Treasury Management, Payments, Entitlements, etc. for Business Banking) and user/usage volume at subscription start with regular (e.g. quarterly) volume adjustments as needed. The subscription includes the cost for software, implementation and integration, required DTAP* infrastructure and the Customer Success support organisation.
- License: The software licence is typically based on your required business or business segment functionality (e.g. Business Banking) and the user/usage volume (e.g. #of employees) at purchase time; fixed scope of functionality; subsequent maintenance fees. Additional purchase cost may apply with new releases and new required functionality, changing user/usage volumes, etc.
Implementation and Integration Project:
- Subscription: all in modelling and pricing (Project work, Integration, DTAP*) for EdgeXperience Base Features, including initial customisation; for select Features in EdgeXperience Professional and Premium bundles, one time project cost may apply (fixed cost according to customer demand). For customer individual functionality (such as widget and micro services extensions), the subscription is priced optionally.
- Licence: considerable extra cost for any 3rd party implementation work, in addition to your own internal resources needs, fully dependent on the project scope, duration and complexity.
- Subscription: all in modelling and pricing with DTAP* infrastructure; optional upon customer request: individual 3rd party all-in pricing
- License: extra cost for 3rd party resources and DTAP* services
*Development, Test, Acceptance, Production
What are the advantages of the EdgeXperience Subscription Model?
- How do you deal with new creative digital first ideas that should be tested and tried swiftly in real life, explored further if promising, or dropped otherwise?
- How do you continuously innovate if you don’t know how to execute to bring your services to market?
- How do you dynamically collaborate with innovative FinTech and Start-Up partners if you’re lacking a solid business, technology, data and process architecture platform?
- Connect to a digital omni-channel platform that provides your with a huge stepping stone towards customer experience functionality, agility and innovation execution.
- Experience a tested and proven digital platform with readily available customer experience functionality, standard connectors, entitlement and security features, digital banking services and more.
- Continuously grow your digital banking eco system with unlimited resources to support your business model strategy.
- Manage your Risk with quarterly (or yearly) subscriptions and flexibility to cancel at any given time.
Advantage: VAlue & Cost
- Should you invest in a unique digital business idea although its return is yet difficult to assess?
- How do you break down entry barriers and calibrate a new digital service if the customer acceptance is yet unknown and could vary considerably?
- How do you justify and allocate the base cost for infrastructure, know-how and new digital technology, required for your new business idea?
- Incur less waste by paying only for the actually used value-add functionality and service, as opposed to being charged for a larger, potentially unused license functionality.
- Pay only for the number of users / customers etc. actually using the service and grow as your business idea proves successful.
- Connect to and explore a predictable, transparent and adjustable subscription model for a particular value-add service, as opposed to sometimes open-ended project cost.
- Lower your own entry barrier cost for digital engagements by selecting an all-in, transparent, flexible digital platform subscription model.
- What technology and which infrastructure fits my current and future digital banking needs?
- How do I connect such new digital banking features and technologies to existing core banking and other legacy systems?
- Where do I find the necessary skills and expertise to master my digital projects, what are the related cost and what risks do I face?
- How do I integrate and maintain my existing point solutions with new innovations and potential 3rd party solutions?
- Connect to a proven digital omni-channel platform that continuously adjusts to new and emerging technologies and ensures that future needs are covered.
- Experience a functionality that entails front-to-back connectivity, with readily available expertise and experience to solve any of your very specific customization, integration or custom development needs; offered for an all-in subscription fee.